What We Do
We raise money through sales from our shops that is then used to provide equipment to local NHS services.
We support local schools & colleges in providing work experience and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme placements to students.
We employ a small team of staff and a HUGE number of fantastic volunteers from diverse backgrounds in order to help us do this.
How Can You Support Us?
There are several ways you can support our work,
- Donate your time – Join our team and become a volunteer.
- Donate some money – You can make single or repeat donations securely via Enthuse.
- Donate your knowledge – Register your interest to become a Trustee or assist us on special projects.
- Nominate a Star – If you’ve received service above and beyond, nominate the volunteer to receive one of our bi-annual Star Awards.
“Lovely volunteers all there to help others , very supportive and friendly.”
“Lovely staff that are eager to help you. In the good times and the bad they are there.”
“They are friendly staff who are always there with a smile.”
Our Charity in Numbers
Volunteers who work 22,000 hours per year
Paid Staff, who all earn the Real Living Wage
Products available 24 hours a day
To local NHS Services in the last 2 years
- Recruitment – Part Time SupervisorWe currently have a vacancy for a part time supervisor working 6 hours per day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons/evenings. The rate of pay is £9.88 per hours (around £9250 per annum) but there would be extra hours/days coveringContinue reading “Recruitment – Part Time Supervisor”
- Covid-19 GuidanceFor the latest update on our current restrictions and future planning, please click on the link: https://medwayleagueoffriends.org.uk/covid-19-information/
- 3 x RITA SYSTEMS – Reminiscence Interactive Therapeutic Activity: Bid 657The Emergency Department submitted a bid to the League for funding to purchase 3 x RITA systems. This equipment is used by people with dementia as well as those recovering from a stroke or head injury. It includes a touchContinue reading “3 x RITA SYSTEMS – Reminiscence Interactive Therapeutic Activity: Bid 657”
© 2020 The Medway League of Friends. The Medway League of Friends is a registered charity. No. 1172065