We currently have a vacancy for a part time shop worker in our A&E kiosk on Saturday and Sunday nights. The rate of pay is £9.88 per hour (around £12300 per annum) but there would be extra hours/days covering annual and sick leave.
Applicants should have
- The ability to work unsupervised, using self-reliance and initiative.
- A high degree of honesty, integrity and reliability.
- Good inter-personal skills and safe working practices.
- Good communication skills when dealing with customers, patients and staff.
- Awareness of the particular circumstances in the Accident and Emergency Department at night.
The full job description and details of how to apply are below.
To support the Operations and Retail Managers by supervising staff and volunteers The Post Holder will be responsible for providing a hospitality and retail service to patients and staff in Accident and Emergency, and for undertaking those tasks designated by the Operations Manager/Supervisors.
Hours: 24 hours per week (excluding breaks) on Saturday and Sunday nights (7pm-7am).
To supervise The Medway League of Friends shops, as specified. This requires the Post Holder to understand and supervise all aspects of:
- To serve in the Accident and Emergency Kiosk.
- To observe correct cash handling procedures.
- To observe requirements of food hygiene legislation
- During quiet periods to restock the main shop with drinks etc, as required.
- To strip down and clean the coffee machines.
- To accept early morning deliveries e.g., newspapers, etc., and display newspapers for sale in the main shop.
- To observe hand over procedures at the end of each shift.
- To carry out other duties not specifically listed as required.
- To be flexible and willing to cover shifts in times of sickness and holidays.
- To comply with all relevant requirements arising from the Equality Act 2010.
- To comply with all the requirements arising from Health and Safety, Data Protection and other applicable legislation.
- To comply with the applicable policies of the Medway NHS Foundation Trust, (e.g. Infection Control) and best practice, (e/g. Lone Working, Manual Handling, Violence).
- To complete training courses relevant to the requirements of the post.
In order to apply please contact us on: