We currently have a vacancy for a part time supervisor working 6 hours per day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons/evenings. The rate of pay is £9.88 per hours (around £9250 per annum) but there would be extra hours/days covering annual and sick leave.
Applicants should have
- Experience of retail work at a relevent level.
- The ability to supervise and motivate staff (paid and voluntary).
- Self-reliance and initiative and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use basic Microsoft Office applications.
The full job description and details of how to apply are below.
To support the Operations and Retail Managers by supervising staff and volunteers on duty within Medway League of Friends shops. In the absence of the Operations Manager and Retail Manage be responsible for the day to day running of those shops.
Hours: 18 hours per week (excluding breaks) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons and evenings.
To supervise The Medway League of Friends shops, as specified. This requires the Post Holder to understand and supervise all aspects of:
- Customer service
- Income collection and end of session cashing up procedures
- Stock control/ordering, particularly goods inwards procedures, stock system data integrity and reporting
- Shop display
- Cleaning and domestic services
- To substitute for the Operations Manager or Retail Manager when required.
- In periods of staff absence and on request – provide practical support for all trading outlets.
- Other duties, as and when required.
- To comply with all legislative requirements associated with the management of staff (paid and voluntary), including the Equality Act 2010, and the EU Working Time Directive.
- To ensure compliance with all requirements arising from Health and Safety, Data Protection and other applicable legislation.
- To ensure compliance with the applicable policies of the Medway NHS Foundation Trust (e.g. Infection Control) and best practice (e.g. Lone Working, Manual Handling, Conflict Resolution).
- To take remedial action on any accident, incident and near miss, including reporting to the Medway NHS Foundation Trust as required and organising repair of any damage.
- To ensure temperature readings are taken and recorded accurately.
In order to apply please contact us on: